THIS IS
OUR STORY.
Construction of the Derio Seminario Building began in 1931 when the Provincial Council of Bizkaia issued a call for tenders. It was originally intended to be used as a psychiatric hospital. The project was postponed during the Civil War and finally scrapped when the war ended, leaving behind four huge derelict concrete structures.

In 1950, work was resumed on the complex. It was to be used specifically as a Diocesan Seminary, which involved the construction of a Minor and a Major Seminary, arranged in two front pavilions with a central church located between the two in a 53-metre-high tower. Three independent buildings, which were only connected at ground and main floor level, would make up what became known as the Derio Seminary (Seminario de Derio).

During its approximately 20 years of existence, the Derio Seminary was known for its high academic and educational level, for its ideological exchanges, and its intellectual education in the fields of philosophy, theology and humanities. However, in 1974, after facing the challenge of a new pluralistic model of society with different worldviews and cultural interpretations, the Major Seminary abandoned the building in Derio for good.

It was not until the summer of 1992 that the new phase of the current Seminario Zentrum began. It is a modern and functional complex resulting from an ambitious redevelopment plan that included its structure and usage. As part of this redesign, the interior has been adapted several times to keep pace with the times and its new service requirements. Today, Seminario Zentrum is a business and service community with a daily flow of around 3,000 people.

BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY BUSINESS AND SERVICE COMMUNITY